Saturday, January 8, 2011

2010 a Year of Change

The year of 2010 was a big year for me. There was a lot of change for me during the year.

Back to School: This started in the fall of 2009, but got into high gear during 2010. In that time I have taken 6 classes on teaching vision impaired students. I have one B and 5 A's. I have really enjoyed these classes. I have one more class and then take and pass the PRAXIS test for VI, I will then be able to add on a VI certification for my teaching license. If I add 2 more classes after that from the VI program, then I can add the 30+ graduate classes as well. That is the step between masters and PHD. That will up my pay about $3,000.

Work: The 2009-2010 school year was a hard year for everyone. Because of budget cuts, we had a lot of changes through out the year. We had staff moved to other positions on campus. We had staff that were let go. The 2010-2011 school year has been better. There has still been some changes. For me I got offered a new position. I am now at the Blind School. I am the certified teacher for the VI Resource Room at Carver Junior High School and Spartanburg High School. I started in December. Another teacher took over my old class. Wow.

House: I refinanced my home loan in the end of August. What a blessing. I got a great deal. I had been paying to much for taxes on my home. So I got two big refund checks. I lowered my payment and my interest rate.

Svetlana: The best thing to happen to me in 2010 was getting to know and falling in love with Svetlana. We met in June on a dating site on line. She is from Russia. As I look back on it a marvel at the whole thing. It started out with me saying hi. She said hi back. I liked her pictures she had and asked her about them. That is how everything started. We started writing to each other. We went from writing on that site, to writing to our email addresses, then moved to Facebook, and finally to Skype. As we got to know each other, our relationship grew. Our feelings for each other grew. I feel in love with Sveta. She is such an amazing and beautiful woman. We started talking about marriage. I made the trip to see her during the Christmas holidays. During the trip we got engaged. I love her so much.

As I said 2010 was a year of change for me, all very good changes. Waiting to see what what 2011 has in store. I am looking forward to having Sveta come. We have to do a lot of paper work and stuff for the state department. I am so looking forward to starting our lives together. The big event in my life coming up will be when we are married.

No comments:

Post a Comment