Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Got my new car!
















I picked up a new car on Monday July 13th. I was very frustrated with the car buying process. I had a lot of help from the folks. Thank you very much mom and dad. We had gone to a few places and looked a lot on line. Dad happen to see a car I might be interested in. He called the number to find out about it. Turns out the place he called did not know how they got onto Autotraders.com. The business is called Elite Car Rental. They get cars and rent them out. Some of the cars have a little bit of damage and they fix them up. After a while they sell the cars to auto dealerships or in auctions. Dad and I went over to look at cars on Friday July 10th. I was considering two cars a Suzuki Ferenza for 5,200 and the Chevy Cobalt for 8,500. I took the night to think and pray about which one. The Chevy had the better review. It also got a very good gas mileage. I felt like the Chevy was the car. So Saturday we went to buy the car. We get there and the car is taken to a dealership. but they said they could get it back and trade in a car in it's place. I spent time the rest of the weekend researching insurance. I went with a local place that is with Travelers Insurance. It is the same place with my house insurance. I got this best deal on the car insurance and a discount for my house insurance. Which then takes us back to Monday. We went down around noon and picked up the car. I got a great deal. I found during my research that 2007 Cobalt was going for 10,000 to 13,000 range. I got mine for 8,800 including sales tax. Mom and dad paid for it and I am paying them back. I gave them 6,000 and will make small monthly payments to them. I am happy with my purchase and am glad the car buying is over. Check out these pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice car! Good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing that your old car is dead or you won't be getting this nice car! Have a nice ride, pal!

    ReplyDelete