Wednesday, July 8, 2009

News about the new class for next year.

I got a call from my principal on Monday. Actually she called my folks house. When I started working at the school that was where I was living. I happened to be there when she called. She told me about the new class. I was kind of afraid that this would be the class I was given. We talked a bit about it and then I wrote her again and she responded. I don’t see a change but at least my thought and feelings are shared. And what might those thoughts and feelings be you might ask. Good question. I am glad you asked.

I feel like my new class is just like my old class just with different younger faces. I was getting burned out with my old class. I really don’t see this helping with being burned out. I didn’t improve or go up or down; I went sidewise with my class room experience. I was never sure what was getting through to them in lessons and activities. Most were nonverbal and even the verbal students had difficulties communicating. The same can be said for the new class. The old class had lots of behavior issues and difficulties. The same is true with the new class. Sure the behaviors may be different but they are still there. I liken the classes to this analogy. I had been having a red apple. I was ready for a change for a banana. But I was offered a green apple. In fact this is the class I had a feeling and was afraid I would be getting. I want a group that is calm and which can get the feeling of accomplishment. That can work with, have fun with while working, and get some feed back from. Plus this would be the 4th year with a particular aid, who because of her health reasons can be unreliable, bless her heart. She means well but does not contribute much. She is out a lot and you can’t count on her. The sad thing is that everyone knows it. I don’t mean or like to complain but this is how I feel about it. I was starting to look forward to the start of the school year. Now not so much. Thanks for listening. That’s my rant for now. (Unless I get going on about car shopping. Still looking.)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, it may change before school starts. At least you will have a new car to drive back and forth to school and that won't be apples to apples!

    ReplyDelete